Tap into the SANDAG Service Bureau
The SANDAG Service Bureau is a valuable resource for current and forecast demographic, economic, transportation, and other data for the San Diego region, its communities, and its neighborhoods. The Service Bureau, the consulting arm of SANDAG, provides data and analysis to help businesses, public agencies, and other organizations and individuals make informed decisions.
While the SANDAG Web site hosts a wide range of data for download, customized data through the Service Bureau is available on a fee-for-service basis. Our team is composed of skilled researchers, statisticians, and established industry veterans. As a result, when you work with the Service Bureau, you can be assured not only that your team is qualified, but that it has the experience and resources to get the job done right. Specific services benefiting local businesses and other organizations include:
- Economic services such as economic impact analysis, cost benefit analysis, strategic and comprehensive plans, and other economic data and analyses.
- Customized Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping services using your data or SANDAG data, which includes historic, current, and future information on population, housing, land use, and transportation characteristics. GIS analyses are useful for a variety of purposes including examining potential business location sites based on customer characteristics.
- Demographic and economic profiles using data from the 2000 Census, 2008 current estimates, or 2030 forecast. These profiles can be produced for any area in the region such as a radius from an intersection or address, a buffered area (such as a two-mile buffer of a freeway segment), or a user-defined service area. The profiles are a popular tool for examining the characteristics of the population living near existing or potential business locations.
- Transportation modeling for evaluating transportation impacts of proposed developments or changes to the street, highway, or transit network. That is, the models are able to forecast the additional traffic generated from a new residential housing complex, school, or shopping mall, or from a change in the transportation network such as widening of an off-ramp or local street.
- Survey design and analysis for those times when information about a specific topic or a certain group of people is needed. Surveys are a good way to collect timely information tailored to your specific needs.
One of our primary goals is to offer unsurpassed customer service. We provide high quality, timely service that you can count on. Call Cheryl Mason, senior research analyst, at (619) 699-1951 or visit www.sandag.org/servicebureau to learn more about how the Service Bureau can help you with your information needs.
Cheryl Mason, Senior Research Analyst
Phone: (619) 699-1951, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org