Index of Topics | Alphabetical Index of All Publications | Order
- Adult Offenders in Local Custody and Under Community Supervision in San Diego County: 2011, 2014, and 2015 - CJ Bulletin August 2016
8/2016 [PDF: 5MB]
- Re-Arrest of Probationers in the San Diego Region - CJ Bulletin August 2010
8/2010 [PDF: 241KB]
- SB 678: Increasing the Success of High-Risk Probationers in San Diego County 1st Annual Report - CJ Bulletin July 2013
7/2013 [PDF: 465KB]
- SB 678: Increasing the Success of High-Risk Probationers in San Diego County 2nd Annual Report - CJ Bulletin February 2015
2/2015 [PDF: 373KB]
- Smart Probation: A Study of the San Diego County Probation Department's Application of Evidence-Based Practices - CJ Bulletin May 2015
5/2015 [PDF: 961KB]
- Effectiveness Measures for the San Diego Sex Offender Containment Model
8/2003 [PDF: 85KB]
Identifies effectiveness measures compared to the phases of the information system in order to assess that the system will capture all effectiveness measures.
- Evaluation of the San Diego County Probation Supervision Standards for Adult Sex Offenders
9/2003 [PDF: 146KB]
Outlines specific protocol for supervising sex offenders.
- Evaluation of the San Diego Sex Offender Management Council Community Education Forums
9/2003 [PDF: 108KB]
This curriculum seeks to empower citizens by providing accurate and pertinent information about sex offenders, including explaining registration and monitoring, and providing strategies for keeping indivuals and families safe.
- Improving Reentry for Ex-Offenders in San Diego County: SB 618 Final Evaluation Report
6/2012 [PDF: 835KB]
In response to crowded prisons and high recidivism rates among parolees, the SB 618 San Diego Prisoner Reentry Program was designed and implemented from February 2007 through June 2012.
- Improving Re-entry for Ex-offenders in San Diego County: SB 618 Fourth Annual Evaluation Report
8/2011 [PDF: 1MB]
This fourth annual report is an evaluation of local collaboration to provide better reentry services to state inmates returning to the County.
- Improving Reentry for Ex-Offenders in San Diego County: SB 618 Third Annual Evaluation Report
5/2010 [PDF: 2MB]
The Senate Bill (SB) 618 San Diego Prisoner Reentry Program was developed in order to close this revolving door to prison by providing tangible reentry support services. This third annual report describes project implementation, outlines the research methodology, and presents preliminary findings from the process and impact evaluation.
- Improving Reentry for Ex-Offenders in San Diego County: SB 618 Third Annual Evaluation Report - Executive Summary
5/2010 [PDF: 224KB]
- San Diego County Sexually Abusive Youth Profile
3/2003 [PDF: 136KB]
This profile is one of several research activities being conducted by SANDAG in order to assist the Sex Offender Management Council in developing a system for managing adult sex offenders and sexually abusive youth.
- San Diego County's Connections Program Board of Corrections Final Report
6/2004 [PDF: 2MB]
This final report describes and presents outcomes for the Connections Program in San Diego County that targeted mentally il criminal offenders.
- San Diego Sheriff's Department Family TIES Program: Life Skills for San Diego Inmates
12/2006 [PDF: 478KB]
Details the Family TIES program, led by the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, which set its goal to prevent recidivism among adults incarcerated in local jails through a collaborative effort that provided education in four like skills, as well as pre-release case management.
- Veteran's Moving Forward Infographic
8/2016 [PDF: 80KB]
Comprehensive Public Safety Projects
- Public Safety Allocations in the San Diego Region: Expenditures and Staffing for FY 2016 - CJ Bulletin December 2016
1/2017 [PDF: 532KB]
- CJ Fax January 2012 - Sworn Staffing Drops Countywide Amid Economic Recession, but Crime Still Down
1/2012 [PDF: 298KB]
- Public Safety Committee Regional Needs Assessment Final Report
7/2005 [PDF: 299KB]
Establishes short- and long-term goals for SANDAG's Public Safety Committee.
- Understanding Transit's Impact on Public Safety
6/2009 [PDF: 133KB]
SANDAG was awarded a transportation planning grant from the California Department of Transportation in 2006 to analyze crime patterns around transit stations.
Courts and Police
- City of San Diego CALGRIP Project: Evaluation Report - CJ Bulletin May 2011
5/2011 [PDF: 4MB]
This report documents the outcomes of a San Diego Police Department project to provide prevention, intervention, and suppression operations in neighborhoods with high gang crime through a California Gang Reduction, Intervention, and Prevention (CalGRIP) grant.
- City of San Diego CalGRIP-II Project: Evaluation Report - CJ Bulletin March 2013
3/2013 [PDF: 421KB]
- The North County Comprehensive Gang Initiative Gang Assessment - CJ Bulletin April 2011
4/2011 [PDF: 4MB]
A comprehensive assessment of gang issues along the “78 Corridor” in the North Region of San Diego County.
- 2007 Chula Vista Police Department Resident Opinion Survey
8/2007 [PDF: 494KB]
This report contains findings from the Chula Vista Resident Opinion Survey conducted in 2007
- CJ Fax January 2011 - San Diego County Making Strides in Reducing Gun Crime
1/2011 [PDF: 256KB]
- CJ Fax June 2011 - City of San Diego Brings Departments Together to Offer Youth Safer Recreational Alternatives
6/2011 [PDF: 408KB]
- Fact Sheet - Cross Border Task Force Evaluation
4/2011 [PDF: 220KB]
- North County Gang Enforcement Collaborative Final Evaluation Report
9/2009 [PDF: 1MB]
An evaluation of the efforts of six North San Diego County jurisdictions to combat violent and gang-related crime through increased collaboration and communication.
- San Diego Homeless Court Program: A Process and Impact Evaluation
6/2001 [PDF: 4MB]
The Homeless Court in San Diego was an outgrowth of Stand Down, an annual three-day event held in the City of San Diego since 1988. In 1989, criminal justice agencies began informal proceedings to include court services to the homeless as well as other needed services to resolve cases and prevent further involvement in the justice system.
- Arrests 2015: Law Enforcement Response to Crime in the San Diego Region - CJ Bulletin December 2016
12/2016 [PDF: 794KB]
- Arrests of Individuals Under Probation Supervision in the San Diego Region 2012 - CJ Bulletin May 2014
5/2014 [PDF: 5MB]
- Crime in the San Diego Region Mid-Year 2016 Statistics - CJ Bulletin August 2016
8/2016 [PDF: 498KB]
- San Diego Violent Crime Victims and Suspects in 2015 - CJ in Brief December 2016
12/2016 [PDF: 487KB]
- Thirty-Six Years of Crime in the San Diego Region: 1980 through 2015 - CJ Bulletin April 2016
4/2016 [PDF: 1MB]
- CJ Fax April 2011 - 2010 Regional Crime Preview: Violent and Property Crime at 30-Year Low
4/2011 [PDF: 212KB]
- CJ Fax April 2012 - 2011 Regional Crime Preview Part 1: Violent and Property Crime at Another 30-Year Low
4/2012 [PDF: 280KB]
- CJ Fax April 2012 - 2011 Regional Crime Preview Part 2: Family-Related Motives Contribute to Increase in 2011 Homicides
4/2012 [PDF: 292KB]
- CJ Fax April 2013 - Gang Activity Identified Most Often as Homicide Motive in 2012; Up From 2011
4/2013 [PDF: 280KB]
- CJ Fax April 2014 - Regional Crime Bulletin Preview: Violent Crime Back Down, Property Crime Relatively Stable in 2013
4/2014 [PDF: 301KB]
- CJ Fax August 2011 - Age, Gender, and Race Related to Risk of Being a Victim of Homicide
9/2011 [PDF: 504KB]
- CJ Fax August 2012 - Gangs: The Importance of Comprehensive Strategies to Reduce Violence and Protect Communities
9/2012 [PDF: 172KB]
- CJ Fax December 2011 - Identity Theft Slowing Nationally but may be on the Rise Locally
12/2011 [PDF: 387KB]
- CJ Fax December 2013 - Juvenile Arrests Down in 2012, Driven in Part by Fewer Arrests for Status Offenses
12/2013 [PDF: 213KB]
- CJ Fax February 2014 - A Quick Look: Who is in Our Jails and Under Probation Supervision Since Realignment
2/2014 [PDF: 119KB]
- CJ Fax January 2013 - Driving Under The Influence: Despite Increased Awareness, Still A Costly Crime
1/2013 [PDF: 386KB]
- CJ Fax July 2011 - Public Safety Leaders Brace for Changes Under 'Realignment Plan'
8/2011 [PDF: 519KB]
- CJ Fax July 2012 - How Does the SB 618 Experience Inform AB 109?
7/2012 [PDF: 130KB]
- CJ Fax July 2013 - Alternative Courts: Innovative and Restorative Public Safety Approaches - Part II
7/2013 [PDF: 408KB]
- CJ Fax July 2013 - Juvenile Delinquent Girls: The Importance of Gender Responsive Interventions
7/2013 [PDF: 397KB]
- CJ Fax June 2012 - Technology Shows Promise in Recouping Costs Associated with Graffiti
6/2012 [PDF: 150KB]
- CJ Fax March 2012 - More Sexual Assaults to be Categorized as Rape Under New Federal Definition
3/2012 [PDF: 139KB]
- CJ Fax March 2013 - Regional Crime Bulletin Preview: Violent and Property Crime Rates Up in 2012, But Still Among Lowest in Past 30 Years
3/2013 [PDF: 315KB]
- CJ Fax March 2014 - Mental Health Calls for Service to Law Enforcement Up: Possible Causes and Implications
3/2014 [PDF: 250KB]
- CJ Fax May 2013 - Responding to Disturbance Calls Poses Greatest Risk to Peace Officers
5/2013 [PDF: 418KB]
- CJ Fax November 2012 - Active Warrants: Fugitives Sought for Apprehension in the San Diego Region
11/2012 [PDF: 232KB]
- CJ Fax November 2013 - Arrest Rates Continue to Decrease in San Diego County in 2012, Public Safety Spending Also Down
11/2013 [PDF: 142KB]
- CJ Fax November 2013 - Gun Crime Down in 2013, but Still a Public Safety and Public Health Issue
11/2013 [PDF: 431KB]
- CJ Fax October 2011 - Local Arrestees with Prior Prison Experience Face Greater Reentry Challenges
10/2011 [PDF: 324KB]
- CJ Fax October 2012 - Adult Offenders in Local Custody in San Diego County Since Realignment
10/2012 [PDF: 391KB]
- CJ Flash April 2015 - 35 Years of Crime in the San Diego Region: 1980 Through 2014
4/2015 [PDF: 145KB]
- CJ Flash April 2016 - Tip the Scale: An Example of Innovative Collaboration Offering Recovery and Rehabilitation
4/2016 [PDF: 107KB]
- CJ Flash August 2014 - Marijuana Use Up Among Juveniles Arrested in 2013
8/2014 [PDF: 78KB]
- CJ Flash August 2015 - Heroin Use and Heroin-Related Deaths Are Up Nationally
8/2015 [PDF: 316KB]
- CJ Flash August 2016 - Mid-Year 2016 Crime Stats Released for the San Diego Region
8/2016 [PDF: 189KB]
- CJ Flash December 2014 - Driving Under the Influence Arrests Down in 2013, But Still a Concern for Local Stakeholders
12/2014 [PDF: 411KB]
- CJ Flash December 2015 - The 12 CJ Stats of 2015
12/2015 [PDF: 180KB]
The 12 CJ Stats of 2015
- CJ Flash December 2016 - 10 Arrest Statistic Facts from 2015
1/2017 [PDF: 296KB]
- CJ Flash February 2015 - Year in Review: Clearinghouse Update for 2014
2/2015 [PDF: 459KB]
- CJ Flash February 2016 - JJCPA Funds Support Regional Collaboration to Prevent Juvenile Delinquency
2/2016 [PDF: 138KB]
- CJ Flash February 2017 - Drugged Driving - A Growing Public Health and Public Safety Concern
3/2017 [PDF: 198KB]
- CJ Flash January 2015 - How Have the Number and Type of Arrests in the San Diego Region Changed Over the Past Five Years?
2/2015 [PDF: 380KB]
- CJ Flash January 2016 - Restorative Justice: What It Is And Why It Matters
1/2016 [PDF: 152KB]
- CJ Flash January 2017 - Human Trafficking Awareness Month
1/2017 [PDF: 203KB]
- CJ Flash July 2014 - Meth Use Up Among Youth Booked Into Juvenile Hall in 2013
7/2014 [PDF: 331KB]
- CJ Flash July 2015 - Proposition 47 and City Attorney Prosecutions
7/2015 [PDF: 77KB]
- CJ Flash July 2016 - Changes in Attitudes and the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Marijuana by Juvenile Arrestees
7/2016 [PDF: 175KB]
- CJ Flash June 2014 - Youth in the Dependency and Delinquency Systems and the Importance of Trauma-Informed Care
7/2014 [PDF: 322KB]
- CJ Flash June 2015 - Alcohol Use Among Youth Interviewed at Juvenile Hall
6/2015 [PDF: 392KB]
- CJ Flash June 2016 - Spice - What Is It, Why Do People Use It, And What Can We Do About It?
6/2016 [PDF: 176KB]
- CJ Flash March 2015 - Proposition 47: What Is It and What Are Some of the Effects Since It Passed?
3/2015 [PDF: 513KB]
- CJ Flash March 2016 - San Diego Crime Rates Up in 2015, But Still At Historic Lows
4/2016 [PDF: 279KB]
- CJ Flash May 2014 - Number of Sworn Officers Assaulted in San Diego County Up for the Second Consecutive Year in 2013
5/2014 [PDF: 30KB]
- CJ Flash May 2015 - Rape: Trends, Outreach, and Changing Definitions
5/2015 [PDF: 681KB]
- CJ Flash May 2016 - Mental Health Calls for Service to Law Enforcement Continue to Increase
5/2016 [PDF: 237KB]
- CJ Flash November 2015 - Arrests in 2014: Law Enforcement Response to Crime in the San Diego Region
11/2015 [PDF: 336KB]
- CJ Flash November 2016 - Law Enforcement Sworn Staffing in the San Diego Region
12/2016 [PDF: 234KB]
- CJ Flash October 2014 - Homelessness Among San Diego Arrestees
10/2014 [PDF: 127KB]
- CJ Flash October 2014 - Reentry and Personal Identification: Why It Matters and the Scope of the Issue Among San Diego County Arrestees
9/2014 [PDF: 257KB]
- CJ Flash October 2015 - October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
10/2015 [PDF: 158KB]
- CJ Flash October 2016 - An Update on Arrestees Who Report Being Homeless
10/2016 [PDF: 385KB]
- CJ Flash October 2016 - Prop 47: What Can We Learn From Those Who Have Ended Up Incarcerated Again?
11/2016 [PDF: 481KB]
- CJ Flash September 2014 - Property Crime Down Regionally for Each Category in First Half of 2014
9/2014 [PDF: 140KB]
- CJ Flash September 2015 - Mid-Year 2015 Crime Statistics: Are We Up or Down?
9/2015 [PDF: 454KB]
- Fact Sheet - SANDAG Criminal Justice Research Division
4/2015 [PDF: 537KB]
- Graffiti Tracker: An Evaluation of the San Diego County Multi-Discipline Graffiti Abatement Program
6/2012 [PDF: 5MB]
- Staying Out Successfully: An Evaluation of In-Custody Life Skills Training Program
Describes the results of a study which utilized random assignment of inmates to either a life skills program or a control group. Pre- and post-test measures that were used include employment, grade level, arrests, and convictions by level of offense.
- Weeding and Seeding Troubled Communities
A Process and Impact Assessment of the San Diego Weed and Seed Site: Presents the findings from an evaluation of the implementation of the federal Weed and Seed Initiative in San Diego. The report highlights positive outcomes for the target area and areas for improvement. Recommendations also are suggested for future efforts to address the needs of troubled communities.
- 2015 Adult Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region - CJ Bulletin November 2016
11/2016 [PDF: 353KB]
- 2015 Juvenile Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region - CJ Bulletin July 2016
7/2016 [PDF: 271KB]
- Beyond Trauma: Providing Trauma-Informed Services to Women in Drug Treatment - CJ Bulletin April 2007
4/2007 [PDF: 538KB]
This report provides an overview of the Beyond Trauma curriculum; describes the characteristics of the clients served; and outlines improvements made in clients' lives after program participation.
- Cross-Jurisdictional Task Forces on the Border: Targeting Drugs and Violence in San Diego County - CJ Bulletin February 2014
2/2014 [PDF: 286KB]
- Enhancing Treatment in a Drug Court Setting: An Evaluation of San Diego County's Pilot Vivitrol Project - CJ Bulletin July 2014
8/2014 [PDF: 613KB]
- Gang Involvement Among San Diego County Arrestees - CJ in Brief October 2015
10/2015 [PDF: 479KB]
- Methamphetamine Use by San Diego County Arrestees - CJ in Brief November 2016
11/2016 [PDF: 353KB]
- 2015 Adult Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region Aggregate Data
11/2016 [PDF: 351KB]
- 2015 Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region Methamphetamine Addendum Data
11/2016 [PDF: 258KB]
- 2015 Juvenile Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region Aggregate Data
7/2016 [PDF: 869KB]
- City of San Diego Pilot Clean Syringe Exchange Program: Executive Summary
5/2004 [PDF: 399KB]
- City of San Diego Pilot Clean Syringe Exchange Program: Final Evaluation Report
5/2004 [PDF: 139KB]
- CJ Fax April 2011 - Meth is Expensive for Users and Taxpayers
4/2011 [PDF: 486KB]
- CJ Fax March 2011 - Implications of Juveniles’ Easy Access to Alcohol on Local Prevention Efforts
3/2011 [PDF: 332KB]
- CJ Fax May 2012 - Rise in Synthetic Marijuana Use by Teens an Issue Locally and Nationally
5/2012 [PDF: 136KB]
- CJ Fax November 2011 - Directed Patrol Strategy Designed to Tip the Scale from Criminality to Sobriety
11/2011 [PDF: 321KB]
- CJ Fax September 2011 - Prescription Drug Use is Common Among Local Arrestees
9/2011 [PDF: 258KB]
- CJ Fax September 2013 - Heroin Use Up in 2012, Driven in Part by More Prescription Drug Abuse by Young Adults
9/2013 [PDF: 558KB]
- Crystal Darkness: An innovative approach to informing San Diegans about methamphetamine use and addiction
4/2008 [PDF: 154KB]
Describes the Crystal Darkness Campaign launched in 2007.
- Intravenous Drug Use Among the San Diego County Arrestee Population
7/2004 [PDF: 992KB]
This final report presents the results of the secondary analysis of data collected through the Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring program, as well as comparisons made to another sample of intravenous drug users in San Diego County.
- Meth Matters: Report on Methamphetamine Users in Five Western Cities
Compares results of Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) programs across five cities: Los Angeles, San Diego and San Jose in California; Phoenix, Arizona; and Portland, Oregon. In addition to comparison across five sites, compares results to other studies about drug abusers and contrasts meth users with other ADAM arrestees.
- The HEARTT Baseline Report: Matrix Methamphetamine Outpatient Treatment in San Diego County
3/2003 [PDF: 929KB]
Provides information regarding San Diego’s implementation and management of the Methamphetamine Treatment Project.
- Child and Youth Sexual Exploitation in the San Diego Region: A Community Assessment for the ACTION Network - CJ Bulletin May 2007
9/2007 [PDF: 237KB]
This CJ Bulletin provides an overview of the background related to this community assessment, describes the methodologies utilized to address four primary goals, sumarizes the results of this six-month effort, and presents conclusions and recommendations based on the information that was compiled.
- San Diego County Juvenile Justice Crime Prevention Act Evaluation Report - CJ Bulletin February 2016
2/2016 [PDF: 1MB]
- Seeking Alternatives: Understanding Pathways to Incarceration of High-Risk Juvenile Offenders, Executive Summary - CJ Bulletin February 2015
2/2015 [PDF: 487KB]
- Seeking Alternatives: Understanding the Pathways to Incarceration of High-Risk Juvenile Offenders - CJ Bulletin February 2015
2/2015 [PDF: 1MB]
- Workforce Partnership Inc. Youthful Offender Evaluation - CJ Bulletin January 2011
1/2011 [PDF: 557KB]
- A New Approach to Youth Violence Prevention: San Diego's Youth Violence Prevention Program Annual Report
9/2005 [PDF: 237KB]
This first annual report includes a description of the Youth Violence Prevention Program and evaluation methodology, as well as preliminary findings from the process evaluation conducted by SANDAG's CJRD.
- A New Approach to Youth Violence Prevention: San Diego's Youth Violence Prevention Program Final Report
12/2006 [PDF: 346KB]
Includes a description and evaluation methodology of the Youth Violence Prevention program, and describes findings from the process and impact evaluations conducted by the Criminal Justice Research Divison.
- A Project of Hope: Lindamood-Bell Center in a School Project Final Evaluation Report
3/2005 [PDF: 451KB]
Addresses the reading deficits identified within the San Diego County male juvenile ward population.
- ACCESS: Assertive Continuing Care Ensuring Sobriety and Success - Final Evaluation Report
3/2009 [PDF: 530KB]
An evaluation of the Phoenix House of San Diego, Inc. young offender reentry program that targeted juvenile males returning from incarceration in Probation facilities to various areas of the county.
- Addressing the Gender-Specific Needs of Girls: An Evaluation of San Diego's WINGS Program - Final Report
9/2003 [PDF: 2MB]
Discusses the WINGS program, its implementation, and services provided, as well as the results of the impact evaluation that tracked 798 girls randomly assigned to the program or the comparison group.
- Breaking Cycles Evaluation: A Comprehensive Approach to Youthful Offenders
11/2001 [PDF: 1MB]
This final report describes the program and evalation efforts that took place in San Diego County for the Breaking Cycles project to address juvenile crime.
- CJ Fax December 2012 - Juvenile Arrests and Referrals to Probation
12/2012 [PDF: 243KB]
- CJ Fax February 2012 - Truancy: Why It Matters and What We Can Do
2/2012 [PDF: 141KB]
- CJ Fax February 2013 - Juvenile Court Family Advocates Offer Culturally-Competent Services
2/2013 [PDF: 541KB]
- Diverting Youth and Repairing Harm: An Evaluation of San Diego Teen Court Final Report
4/2007 [PDF: 351KB]
In 2004, Teen Court received funding from the California Corrections Standards Authority to conduct a process and impact evaluation of the program. This final report describes the clients served during the two-year evaluation period, the interventions they received, and what effect the program had on knowledge change and later contact with the juvenile justice system.
- Families as Healers: The Phoenix House San Diego's Family Services Enhancement Program
9/2009 [PDF: 511KB]
The Criminal Justice Research Division of SANDAG conducted the impact evaluation of the FAH program by analyzing data on participants at intake, exit, and six months post exit.
- PATHWAYS to Tolerance: Changing Attitudes of Youth at Risk of Committing Hate Crimes
3/2004 [PDF: 2MB]
PATHWAYS to Tolerance is an intensive intervention program for youth and young adults using a psycho-educational format to teach tolerance to youth who are at risk of committing a hate crime or bias-motivated offense.
- Probation Evaluation, Assessment, and Cost-Effectiveness (PEACE) Study, 2008
10/2008 [PDF: 1MB]
SANDAG conducted a series of three projects to assess delivery and the cost-benefit of local juvenile institutional placement at the Juvenile Ranch Facility and Camp Barrett.
- Reducing Delinquency Through a Family-Based Approach: Reflections
8/2008 [PDF: 649KB]
This Probation Department program attempts to prevent delinquency and reduce recidivism.
- San Diego County's Juvenile Disproportionate Minority Contact (DMC): Identification and Assessment
12/2008 [PDF: 466KB]
SANDAG randomly selected a large sample of youth who has a sustained petition in 2005, and conducted a thorough review of their backgrounds to understand those factors that were predictive of being detained after arrest and/or receiving an institutional commitment.
- What Works: San Diego County's Breaking Cycles Program
11/2001 [PDF: 138KB]
This report describes San Diego's collaborative project Breaking Cycles. Administered by the San Diego County Probation Department, this Challenge I project was funded by the California Board of Corrections (BOC) and represents part of the County's comprehensive strategy to address juvenile delinquency. In addition to describing the project, the hypothesized outcomes are presented, as well as what worked, what did not, problems encountered, future plans for the program, and recommendations for other counties considering such a program.
- A Centralized Response to Domestic Violence: San Diego County Sheriff
Copies are available online at the National Criminal Justice Reference Service Web site at www.ncjrs.gov.
- The Incidence and Prevalence of Domestic Violence Victimization Among Female Arrestees in San Diego County
8/2003 [PDF: 2MB]
Designed to explore the incidence and prevalence of domestic violence among female arrestees, determine if the types and severity of abuse were related to victim substance use, and compare these victims with those included in another study of shelter clients.
- Violence Against Women in San Diego
3/2000 [PDF: 850KB]
This report profiles 599 female clients who sought protection at battered women's shelters from domestic violence situations. Data includes characteristics of shelter clients and their batterers. The type and intensity of violence experienced by the women also are presented.