Economics and Finance
Index of Topics | Alphabetical Index of All Publications | Order
Comprehensive Economic and Public Finance Projects
- 2000 Employment Lands Inventory & Market Analysis
11/2000 [PDF: 1MB]
- 2009 Employment and Residential Land Inventory & Market Analysis
9/2009 [PDF: 1MB]
This report provides an inventory and market analysis of developable employment and residential land in the San Diego region.
- 1998 San Diego Regional Economic Prosperity Strategy
7/1998 [PDF: 373KB]
Compares the San Diego region to trends occurring at the state and national level, as well as against twenty major metropolitan areas across the United States. The results of this benchmarking process are used to identify the region's most important economic challenges and strengths and to monitor the progress in meeting the challenges identified in the previous evaluation report, adopted by SANDAG in 1995.
- Creating Prosperity for the San Diego Region
7/1998 [PDF: 1MB]
Presents the San Diego Regional Economic Prosperity Strategy's recommended actions, including infrastructure investment and public policy support to strengthen the region's economic foundation. Recommends ten action steps and identifies who should carry them out.
- Evaluating the Competition and Assessing our Strategic Position - Volume II, 2008
3/2008 [PDF: 1MB]
Volume II of Building a Foundation to Achieve Global Competitiveness identifies the region’s economic strengths, weaknesses, challenges, and opportunities by benchmarking our performance against 24 similar regions as well as state and national trends.
- Indicators of Sustainable Competitiveness: A Quality of Life Index for San Diego - Executive Summary, 2005
6/2005 [PDF: 1MB]
- Indicators of Sustainable Competitiveness: A Quality of Life Index for San Diego, 2005
6/2005 [PDF: 5MB]
This 2005 Index benchmarks San Diego's performance against 18 regional competitors and the nation. To request a hard copy of this report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $5 cost to reproduce this document.
- Indicators of Sustainable Competitiveness: A Quality of Life Index for San Diego, 2011
6/2011 [PDF: 10MB]
- Indicators of Sustainable Competitiveness: San Diego Region - Appendices, 2002
6/2002 [PDF: 2MB]
The nine appendices associated with the Indicators of Sustainable Competitiveness - San Diego Region report.
- Indicators of Sustainable Competitiveness: San Diego Region, 2002
6/2002 [PDF: 1MB]
This report is the first step in a different way for our region to evaluate itself in three broad areas: the Economy, the Environment, and Equity. These three areas are inextricably linked and work synergistically to affect the quality of life in a region.
- San Diego's Regional Economic Prosperity Strategy - Volume 1, 2008
3/2008 [PDF: 1MB]
Volume I of Building a Foundation to Achieve Global Competitiveness includes an executive summary, the strategic goals and recommended actions, and a list of public comments and responses.